With the Halloween season ending, and since some of you guys like to skip Thanksgiving decorations for Christmas decorations, you’ll need a place to put your Christmas tree for next year. Real Christmas trees don’t last long, so opt for an artificial tree if you plan to store one. Properly storing your tree will help ensure it lasts for years. A storage unit at Tellus Self Storage is an excellent choice for storing your tree.
How to store:
- Measure the width and height of the tree before choosing the size of your storage.
- Rent a climate-controlled storage unit to keep your tree in the best condition.
- Remove all decorations, strands, burnt-out lights, and ornaments from the tree before storing your tree to prevent anything from breaking.
- You can place your tree in a box or bin. If neither is an option, fold the tree and then use plastic wrap to wrap it around your tree.
- If your tree can be disassembled, take it apart, and place any pieces into a container with the tree to keep everything locatable for next year.
- Keep the pieces in the same box, so you don’t lose them.
- Cardboard can mold over time, so don’t use it to store your tree.
- Lay the tree down horizontally so that it doesn’t fall over.
- Keep the storage unit cool, and you don’t want your tree to get too hot.
Storage units are perfect for Christmas trees and other holiday decorations to make them last as long as possible. Saving your tree in storage will save you the stress of throwing it out and finding a new tree each year. At Tellus Self Storage, we offer 24/7 access to your storage unit, and we also have climate-controlled storage units as well as an online bill payment option to make your Christmas tree storing experience as trouble-free as possible.