Over the past year, we’ve made tons of new and exciting changes to the way we operate our facilities, communicate with customers, and give back to our local communities. We give most of the credit to you and the many others who shared their Tellus Self Storage experiences online by reviewing our storage facilities.
Each online review that our customers leave online for any of our storage facilities is given the utmost attention by our home office staff, district managers, and especially our facility managers! They are truly the primary source of inspiration for all of our greatest achievements in 2012, and we definitely want to keep up this momentum. So keep the reviews coming – we assure you that your voice will be heard!
For those of you who consider yourselves “technically challenged”, we wrote an easy tutorial on how to leave a review in less than 5 minutes on Google Plus. Our storage facility managers also have printed copies of a summarized version of this tutorial for your at your local storage facility, so make sure to ask for your copy!
Step 1: Signing in/Signing up
Virtually every major online review website requires you to have an account with them first in order to post a review, and Google Plus is no exception. If you already have a Google Plus account, go ahead and skip down to Step 2; otherwise, please continue reading Step 1.
- Go to www.google.com > type Google Plus into the search bar and then click the Google Search button.
- At the top of the page, click on the first listing you see for Google plus in your search results to get to the login/sign-up page for Google Plus.
- Click the red “sign-up” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. *If you already have a Google account but have never created a Google plus profile, simply sign-in to your Google account here.
- You should now see a form appear. Fill out as much of the form as possible and click the Next Step button when you are done. On the next pages, Google will ask for more details about you (to help provide a more personalized experience for you based on your interests and location), but feel free to skip most/all of this if desired. Keep clicking through this a few times to complete the profile setup process.
- Yay! You now have a Google Plus profile now, so go ahead and sign in to it and let’s move on to step 2.
Step 2: Finding Your Storage Facility on Google + Local
- Now that you have signed in to your Google Plus account, you should see a menu of large icons on the left side of your screen. Find and click on the Local icon. This brings you to a special Google Search page that specifically searches for Google Plus Business pages based on its location.
- In the search box on the left, type your facility’s name (ex: “Community Self Storage”) and then type its city and state (ex: Walker, LA) in the box on the right. Don’t forget to Click the search button!
- Find your storage facility’s Google + Local listing in the search results and click on it to open its profile page
- On your storage facility’s profile page, find and click on the big blue button labeled “Write a Review”. Rate your facility on a scale of 1-5 stars, then share a brief description of your overall experience with our facility (Google prefers that you leave feedback that’s at least 2 full sentences.)
- When you’re done writing your review, click Publish. You’re all done!
If you have any trouble with this tutorial, you may contact your facility manager and have him/her walk you through the process.