Why You Should Put Your Motorcycle in Storage
You are living your best life by riding down the road and enjoying the sweet sense of freedom. You’ll need a place to store your bike when the ride ends.
Fortunately, a self-storage unit is a great place to store a motorcycle. Unlike other vehicles, a 10×15-sized unit is all you need for a motorcycle. With our 24-hour accessible units, you can grab or store your bike anytime.
You’re wondering why you would need storage for your bike. Placing your belongings in storage can provide protection from bad weather and people messing with your bike. For those living in an area that usually has hurricanes, heavy rain storms, or tornados, a storage unit is an excellent option to protect your bike, especially if you don’t have a garage.
There are some things that you should check first before storing your motorcycle in storage.
- Remove the battery from the bike to protect your battery from dying while being stored long-term.
- Leave the motorcycle on a stand, lift, or remove the tires to prevent them from flat-spotting because they haven’t been used in a while.
- Replace all oils and fluids before storing them to prevent rust and engine damage.
- Clean, wash, dry, and wax your vehicle.
- Place a cover over your bike to protect it from dust, moisture, scratches, and dirt.
- Fill tires to their appropriate air pressure.
- Fill up your gas tank and add a fuel stabilizer to your gas tank when storing long-term.
- Store your motorcycle inside a climate-controlled unit.
Following these steps should help ensure your bike will last for years. At Tellus Self Storage, we offer great amenities such as
- 24-Hour Access
- Drive-Up Accessible Units
- Video Surveillance
- Gated Facility
- Fully Enclosed Units with Metered Electricity
- Climate Controlled Units
- Moving Supplies
We hope that you join us for a wonderful storing experience.
TELLUS SELF STORAGE – HARBOR GATE
4087 Highway 43 N
Brandon, MS 39047