With the weather heating up for spring on the Northshore, it’s time to broaden your date night festivities.
1. Abita Creek Flatwoods Preserves
- For outdoorsy couples, this preserve consists of bayhead swamps, slash pine-pond, cypress woodlands, and longleaf pine flatwood savanna.
- This nature preserve was made to protect the pine flatwood wetlands.
- Home to Henslow’s sparrow and Bachman’s sparrow.
- Includes plants such as the carnivorous pitcher plants.
2. Tammany Trace
- This 31-mile trail offers a beautiful scenic route through the towns of Covington, Abita Springs, Mandeville, Lacombe, and Slidell.
- Many cyclists peddle down this route.
- It is the perfect spot for a leisurely stroll.
- There are various dining options along the trail, like Abita Brewery, Mattina Belle, Nan’s New Orleans Café and Poboys, Bayou Adventure Kitchen, The Old Rail Brewing Company, Abita Roasting Company Covington, and much more.
3. Splendor Farms B&B and Trail Riding Facility
- A horseback trail riding facility in Bush, LA.
- Offers summer horse camps, birthday parties, overnight camps, arena rides, riding lessons, volleyball, horseshoes, and a playground
- Guest suites, fully furnished private cottage, bunkhouse, fully equipped kitchens, Continental breakfast, entertainment center, and a catch-and-release pond.
4. Painting With A Twist – Mandeville
- For our more creative couples, Painting with a Twist offers instructors for inexperienced painters.
- You can BYOB if you’re 21.
- Classes are only for those over 18.
- Artwork varies from cityscapes, landscapes, abstracts, creative renderings of seafood, animals, iconic buildings, and flowers.
5. Live Music
- There is a variety of music venues throughout the Northshore.
- Abita Springs Opry
- Jazz n’ the Vines
- Bayou Jam
- Sunset at the Landing
- Mandeville Live!
- Chillin’ at the River
6. Theatrical Performances
Plays are great for getting comfortable and immersed in the show. The Northshore is home to some great theatre venues.
- Cutting Edge Theater – Slidell
- Playmakers, INC. Community Theater – Covington
- 30 By Ninety Theatre – Mandeville
- Slidell Little Theatre – Slidell
7. Old Town
- An area in Slidell with the feeling of an old town.
- The place to be for nightlife in Slidell.
- Gift shops, antique shops, boutiques, restaurants, historic homes, local art, and the bar scene comes to life at night.
This was a small sample of dating ideas for our Northshore couples, but make some great memories by going to any of these places on this list.
TELLUS SELF STORAGE – ABITA MINI
70037 Highway 59
Abita Springs, LA 70420