Yard Sale vs. Storage Rental
When cleaning up around the house, you’ll come across some things that are in the way. You have a couple of options to clean this mess, storage, yard sale, or the garbage. To make things easier, here’s a list of pros and cons for each option.
- Yard Sale
- You can make a profit from what you don’t want anymore
- In a way, you’re giving back to your community
- Clears space in your house
- You can sell food and drinks on the side for extra revenue
- You won’t have to worry about shipping, like Amazon or eBay
- You might not be able to sell everything
- You could get haggled for your items
- eBay buyers could offer a better deal
- If you don’t know the value of your items and you sell them at the wrong price
- If you feel you made a mistake selling an item, you’ll have to negotiate to get it back.
- In some towns, you’ll need a permit to have a yard sale
- Facebook Marketplace is more convenient and gives you a boarder range of buyers.
A yard sale is a good option for selling your items. On the other hand, storage is an excellent option for keeping your things while decluttering your house. Here are some reasons why a storage unit is a great option.
- Storage Unit
- Great for keeping sentimental items
- An excellent option for seasonal things, such as holiday decorations, school supplies, camping gear, or snow shovels
- You can sell items from your storage online at anytime
- It might be a better climate than your house
If anything, using a yard sale and storage unit together is the best way to clean your house. At Tellus Self Storage Forney, we have the space you need for you to succeed.