The Hub City has something for everyone whenever you’re looking for a place to settle down for retirement, stationed at Camp Shelby, or moving into the city for college. Hattiesburg lives up to its nickname, the Hub City, by being located somewhat over an hour from cities such as Jackson, Biloxi/Gulfport, Mobile, and New Orleans, while being a little over two hours away from Pensacola and Baton Rouge. Before embarking on your way to Hattiesburg, here are some things you should know.
- Hattiesburg has a variety of entertainment options.
- Lucky Rabbit – This name might sound familiar if you’ve seen HGTV’s Hometown. This downtown one-of-the-kind shop is a local favorite junk joint full of vintage, nostalgic, and unique items. This store also has a knack for replicating sets from hit TV shows such as Stranger Things and Friends.
- Hubfest – In a city that loves art and music, Hubfest is the pinnacle of that in Hattiesburg and has been an annual event for over 35 years. This downtown festival brings in over 30,000 attendees and has over 250 vendors with four stages of live music.
- Hattiesburg also has the Hattiesburg Zoo, Alley Cats Axe Throwing Company, Longleaf Trace, Saenger Theater, Okatoma Creek, Timberton Golf Course, African American Military History Museum, Hattiesburg Pocket Museum College Town Escape Rooms, Laser Mania, Tatum Park, and so much more.
- Hattiesburg has some of the best school districts in the state.
- College students can attend the University of Southern Mississippi, William Carey University, or Pearl River Community College.
- If you’re looking to step out for the evening, the city offers Glory Bound Gyro Co., Keg & Barrel, Brewsky’s, Shenanigans, and much more.
- The city has fantastic food options, such as Ed’s Burger Joint, Sully’s Tavern, Patio 44, Mugshots, Chesterfields, Midtowner, Depot Kitchen & Market, T-Bones Café, and other great restaurants.
Hattiesburg is an affordable city and an excellent place to call home, and with a home, you’ll want to bring everything with you. Although everything might not fit in your house, you can store any excess items in a storage unit at Tellus Self Storage Hattiesburg or any of our locations in Hattiesburg.