With spring officially a couple of days away, you won’t want your closet clogged up with clothes that are too hot to wear. It’s time to swap out your wardrobe for something more comfortable for the weather.
- It’s always good to have a plan before starting a project. In this case, make a plan for having a place to keep your winter wardrobe.
- Placing your winter on a hanger rack or in containers is an excellent way to store your garments. Then you can put those items in a storage unit.
- If you have any clothes or shoes made with leather, then opt for a climate-controlled storage unit.
2. Creating Space
- Now is a great time to decide if you want to keep some of your winter clothes for next year. If it’s not for you anymore, or if the clothes don’t fit you, consider donating them to make space in your closet for new clothes next winter.
- Make two piles of what you’re keeping and throwing away.
- Discard any clothes that are damaged.
- Now that your closet is cleared of clothes, take the time to clean the closet of any dust and dirt.
- Also, wipe down, sweep, and vacuum the entire closet.
4. Organizing Spring Clothes
- Separate your clothes by category:
- Dress Shirts
- Dress Pants
- Dress Shoes
- Work Boots/Shoes
- If you have too many shoes, consider placing some of your shoes under your bed.
- You could even keep the shoes in their original boxes or a plastic container and stack them vertically to maintain closet space.
- Use our storage calculator to determine the appropriately sized unit for your items. https://www.tellusselfstorage.com/self-storage-calculatorTellus Self Storage offers 24-hour access so that you can get anything from your unit anytime.
TELLUS SELF STORAGE – ALL ABOUT II
3100 Main Street
Baker, LA 70714