Going to the gym is a great way to be healthy and active. It’s essential to be consistent with working out to reap all the benefits of it. Unfortunately, some factors can prevent you from being consistent at the gym, such as the COVID-19 pandemic that caused gyms to close for a while. Other factors can prevent you from making it to the gym, like bad weather, 4-7 peak gym hours, gas prices, watching your kids, living far from a gym, living far from a good gym, inconvenient gym hours, and other obstacles. Here are some reasons why you should fix those inconsistency problems by building your home gym
- Save Money
- While purchasing exercise equipment can be expensive, your investment will save you money over time from buying a monthly gym fee, gas, and repairs for any wear-n-tear on your car. You also won’t be tempted to stop for unhealthy food options on your way home.
- Save Time
- Gyms are busy between 4 pm-7 pm. This can make you spend more time at the gym because you’ll be waiting for equipment to become available. You also might not have room for any specific exercises you need to do, like sprints, shadowboxing, or any circuit workouts. Instead of spending two hours at the gym with half the time spent waiting, you can convert that time into an hour or less at home. You also won’t have to wait for a shower to become available.
- Zero Toxicity
- Some gym-goers can be pretty toxic, especially to newcomers who aren’t sure what they’re doing.
- With social media like TikTok being more prevalent nowadays. You’ll see people record on the gym floor and locker room which goes against most gyms’ no-recording policy. It’s common for TikTokers to catch some innocent person in the background of their video and ridicule them online for some asinine reason.
- There is also the issue of people not wiping down their equipment after using it and not re-racking their weights after they’re done.
A great way to get started on your home gym is to make space in your home. A basement, shed, or garage can make great for a gym in your home. To make space in a garage, shed, or basement, declutter them by renting a Tellus Self Storage unit today!