Tellus Self Storage Abita Springs’ Tips for Successful Storage Experience
The self storage industry is full of many dos and don’ts. At Tellus Self Storage Abita Springs we’ve made you a comprehensive list of items that will help ensure your self storage experience is a successful one.
Here at Tellus Self Storage in Abita Springs, we pride ourselves on maintaining a clean and safe property. Here are a few suggestions on ways you can do to help us out:
Is that Food?
- Please do not eat or drink in the climate controlled buildings. (We do everything in our power to keep pests and vermin out. If you leave food or drinks in the buildings, that’s an invitation to pests in the area. We don’t want that and neither do you.)
- Store in boxes or containers that have NOT contained food, you also shouldn’t use wet or damaged boxes.
- Do not store food or spices of any kind (This includes canned goods and pastas)
Time to get cleaning
- Clean all of your appliances thoroughly. Do not forget about your coffee pot, microwave and toasters.
- Make sure your pots, pans, dishes and utensils are clean as well.
- Make sure the waste receptacle of your vacuum is clean before storing.
- Cleaning furniture is also a good idea, be sure to get in between cushions and under covers.
Things that don’t belong in storage
- Scented candles, potpourri, and scented waxes
- Artwork made of macaroni, or other edible products (even if your child made it for you, it’s simply a buffet waiting for pests, find another place to store these)
- Guns, ammunition, explosives, corrosives, or hazardous materials. This includes paint.
This is not a Hotel
- NO HABITABLE OCCUPANCY of the Space by humans, pets, or plants of any kind at any time.
- Please notify the property manager of any spills on the property. We understand that accidents happen. Please let us know if you need a broom and dustpan. We keep them handy just in case the need arises. Glass needs to be picked up immediately.
- Small items that need to be thrown away may be thrown in the trash cans at the front of the property near the office. Tip: If your items cannot fit in the trash can, it is your responsibility to discard them somewhere off of the property.
Most importantly: when in doubt, ask your Property Manager. They are here to help assist you with your questions and/or concerns. They are here to make your move as stress free as possible.
Do not break your back. We have carts and furniture dollies available upon request.
We’re here to help make your storage experience wonderful and stress free.
While this list was created with one of our specific self storage facilities in mind most self storage locations will agree with many of these points. Use your best judgment and when in doubt reach out. Ask questions, you can call our 800 number ( 1-800-773-6691 ) 7 days a week and speak to a real live individual. At Tellus Self Storage we’re here to help you. Take advantage of our storage expertise, there’s no such thing as a wrong question; only unasked ones.
If you’d rather email us you can reach out to your Property Manager directly or email us at info[at]TellusSelfStorage[dot]com – we look forward to helping you with your storage needs.