Storing Camping Equipment
With summer winding up, it’s time to pack up camp. You’ll want to ensure that your expensive camping equipment is kept nice and safe for next season. That’s why the best choice for storing your camping gear is at Tellus Self Storage Crestview. Be sure to take advantage of our climate-controlled units. You can preserve your electronics, GPS, blankets, sleeping bags, cooking equipment, tarps, tents, and other items by using a climate-controlled unit and setting the temperature between 60-75 degrees. Here are some additional tips for storing your gear.
- Label your containers, so you don’t have to waste time opening them to know what’s inside. Use a sticky note or marker to label containers and boxes.
- Separate the more extensive equipment from the smaller equipment
- Pack the more oversized items first and then the smaller items
- Remove all flammable gear, such as stoves, lamps, gas canisters, and batteries.
- Dry off any equipment and cookware, so mold and mildew doesn’t grow
- Clean tents, backpacks, and sleeping bags of any bugs, food, or dirt
- Be sure to visit your unit every so often to air it out
- Clean the tent of any dirt and debris
- Put the tent in a cotton bag instead of a plastic bag
- Put the tent poles into separate bags so that they don’t poke holes in the tent
- Sleeping bags
- Clean your sleeping bags of any dirt, bugs, or debris
- Air dry the sleeping bags before restoring them
- Depending on the type of sleeping bag, it should either get washed in a front-loading washer or sleeping bags filled with down and have to be dry-cleaned.
Storing with us at Tellus Self Storage Crestview is an excellent option to pack up camp for the summer. Store with us today!