Why Storage Units Are on The Rise
You’ve seen many storage facilities while driving throughout Jackson. If you’re wondering why there are so many, I’ll tell you why.
- They’re convenient for decluttering your house of things such as furniture and cars that you barely have room for.
- In some storage facilities, you can operate a business out of it. The types of companies range from e-commerce to photo studios.
- The security that the storage provides with 24/7 camera surveillance and an electronic gate is probably better than the security at your house, so the chance of your stuff being at a storage facility is safer.
- It’s an excellent place for businesses to their inventory. Such as a restaurant stocking extra chairs, tables, and silverware into storage, so their restaurant doesn’t become cluttered. Compared to leasing a building in a shopping center, you won’t have to worry about paying bills such as water & electricity.
- During the pandemic, people could convert a room full of unused stuff into an office to do remote work.
- With urban cities continuing to grow, the housing market is expensive in those areas, so most people opt for an apartment or condo instead. Those apartments are also expensive and don’t offer much room for all your personal belongings. New York City, with its small apartments, is an excellent example of the need for storage units.
- There are currently more self-storage facilities (52,786) than fast food restaurants (50,152)
With the rise of self-storage units, hop onboard the trend and store with us at Tellus Self Storage McDowell at 126 Parcel Drive, Jackson, MS 39204. We offer 215 non-climate-controlled units in a variety of different sizes. Our bigger units are large enough to store RVs, campers, and cars. We also provide 24/7 access and video surveillance. Come on down to Tellus Self Storage McDowell, and store with us today!